Boozy Strawberry Basil Lemonade is the perfect blend of sweet and tart to wet your whistle on warm summer evenings. Made with Strawberry Basil Infused Vodka, this craft cocktail is made with love. Don’t fret, though, craft cocktail doesn’t mean you have to go to bartending school. Boozy Strawberry Basil Lemonade makes great cocktails achievable for everyman (and woman!) Cocktail power to the people!
Until recently, my eyes kind of glazed over whenever anyone started talking cocktails. Yep, lots of kinds of liquor and liqueur sloshed into a glass with ice.
I found the old school of mixology both unappealing and intimidating. There were too many varieties of hooch to keep track off and I didn’t have enough desire to learn about it. D
rinks had stupid names like Sex on the Beach. Blah blah blah. I don’t care if it’s the tastiest drink ever known to man, I was NOT going to a bar and asking for ‘sex on the beach’.
I DO, however, like this modern brand of mixology that borrows from the culinary scene. Using things like herbs and bacon and chocolate (not necessarily all together, mind you), mixologists are turning out adult beverages that are complex in flavour but MAKE SENSE.
They’re taking advantage of alcohol’s innate ability to dissolve flavours and its volatility to deliver aroma. I like this stuff. Instead of using a jigger of this and a whoosie of that and fifty billion different little additions, we start with something most people know: vodka. Easy peasy, right?
It’s infused with perfumey strawberries and fresh basil then shaken with FRESH ingredients and ice and strained into a glass. THAT’S ALL THERE IS TO IT, but OH the flavour it delivers.
It’s such a heady experience. Sweet strawberries and their essence of summer, fragrant basil, tart lemons…
It makes you feel like the world’s most brilliant bartender and you can sit on your own front porch with your shoes off, Boozy Strawberry Basil Lemonade in hand, chatting with friends and family, watching the sun go down instead of sitting cheek to jowl with strangers in a loud bar with the thumping music carrying away your conversation.
Which one sounds better to you? Yeah, how ’bout I pull up a chair on the porch for you?
Now, just imagine some of this boozy strawberry lemonade and a plate full of delicious, easy nachos. How is this for winning at life?
-This drink is designed to be made with fresh lemons. You get the flavour only fresh lemons can deliver AND the lemon oils from the rind.
-A cocktail shaker is handy, but not strictly necessary here. In lieu of a shaker, you can add the ingredients to a jar and shake well then strain. Heck… if you’re feeling rustic, skip the straining. It never hurt anyone, it just won’t be as pretty.
-When it comes to the lemonade you use for the Boozy Strawberry Basil Lemonade, there’s no real right or wrong to which one you choose. Just pick one you like to sip alone, whether it’s homemade, store bought, fresh, or frozen.
Use these to make Boozy Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- cutting board
- paring knife
- cocktail shaker (pictured in the post) or mason jar cocktail shaker
- cocktail glasses
If you love this Boozy Strawberry Basil Lemonade, you may love these drinks, too!
- Mixed Berry Sangria-by-the-Glass and Mocktail
- Apple Cider and Burnt Orange Cocktail
- Summer Shandy Beer Floats
- Watermelon Mojito Slushies
- Grapefruit Champagne Cocktail
- World’s Best Cosmopolitan Cocktail
Boozy Strawberry Basil Lemonade
Needed for Each Drink:
- 2 ounces Strawberry Basil Infused Vodka 4 tablespoons
- 4 fresh strawberries divided
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 fresh basil leaf plus an extra sprig or leaf for garnish
- 2 slices fresh lemon
- 6 ounces lemonade 3/4 cup
- splash of well-chilled plain seltzer water optional
- Add 3 of the strawberries, the sugar, and the basil leaf to a cocktail shaker and muddle well. Add ice to fill the shaker halfway, then add the Strawberry Basil Infused Vodka, 1 slice of lemon, and the lemonade. Put the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the shaker feels very cold. Strain the Boozy Strawberry Basil Lemonade into a martini or cocktail glass and add a splash of plain seltzer water. Garnish with the remaining slice of lemon and strawberry and a sprig or leaf of fresh basil.