Disclosure: This post brought to you by Kraft Foods. All opinions, recipes and photos are, as always, my own.
Thanksgiving is drawing near so fast my head is almost spinning. I eagerly await it all year long and to think we’re this close?
It is far and away my favourite feast of the year. Food, family, gratefulness… it’s like a wonderfulness bomb that explodes joy all over my heart.
Is that too much? I can’t help it. I love it so.
And I love ALL of it: the planning, the lead up, the actual event, and the days following it. It makes me feel giddy. Is anyone else about ready to pop?
In this season of togetherness, friends, and family fun, it’s great to have a set of fast, go-to recipes that can provide holiday cheer to share with last minute or as an unexpected treat for the kids or even for the parents when the munchkins have been tucked into bed for the night.
Is there any food that screams Thanksgiving quite like pumpkin? I’ve been turning pumpkin goodies out of my kitchen like it’s going out of style, but nothing quite compares to the ease of this thick, velvety Pumpkin Cheesecake Milkshake. Inspired by the Pumpkin Smoothie from The Pioneer Woman’s new holiday cookbook, this treatful shake makes any celebration just that much tastier. It is rich, pumpkiny, and completely satisfying, to be sure, but it is also done in mere moments which makes it even more fun!
Are you a Thanksgiving nut like I am? What’s your favourite part? Family, friends, food? Something else entirely? Or are you a little less enthused about the whole thing?
Pumpkin Cheesecake Milkshake
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 ounce, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese Regular or 1/3 Less fat
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 small pinch ground cloves
Optional for garnish:
- Crushed graham crackers
- Add all ingredients (except for the graham crackers) to a blender and blend on HIGH just until the mixture is smooth. It will be thick.
- Divide between three glasses and garnish with crushed graham crackers, if desired.
Are you looking for more Thanksgiving related recipes? Please visit KraftRecipes.com for more inspiration! And be sure to check out Kraft’s Cheesecake Cheer site for more festive cheesecake recipes and inspiration!
Disclosure: As a part of the Kraft Tastemakers Team, I am proud to be sponsored by Kraft Foods to bring this post to you. All recipes, photographs, and opinions are -as always- my own.