The recipe development for Naturally Sweetened Creamsicle Smoothies was sponsored by AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites. All opinions and photos remain -as always- my own. Be sure to scroll to the bottom to enter for a chance to win a fabulous Calphalon non-stick omelet pan courtesy of our sponsor.
We are an active family; considering that we have five boys, this is probably not surprising. Somewhere early in my career as a mother, I decided that if I was going to have all these wild and crazy guys, I needed to be able to keep up with them. I also wanted to encourage them to live a healthy lifestyle from the beginning. In my mind, this meant that pursuing fitness was non-negotiable.
You can imagine that keeping up with five sons and an active husband takes a little time commitment. We don’t want to compromise all that work we put into our fitness by filling our stomachs with food less than wonderful after a work out. One of our favourite post-workout snacks is a great smoothie and our current favourite is a round of Naturally Sweetened Creamsicle Smoothies.
These things are packed with protein courtesy of the one-two protein punch of Greek yogurt and AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites. Everyone knows Greek yogurt is great source of protein, but when I’ve finished a hard-core run, barre or Pilates class, I want all the protein I can get to help muscle recovery, so I go for extra help in the form of the protein powerhouse that is egg white. Don’t worry, AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites are pasteurized, so they’re completely safe to consume in smoothies. Bonus: they contain zero cholesterol and fat.
No sugar is added because the bananas that help form the base of the smoothies are sweet enough. Gently sweet with a tang from frozen 100% orange juice concentrate, a hint of vanilla, and a super light, frothy texture courtesy of the egg whites, these Naturally Sweetened Creamsicle Smoothies are about as good and as good for you as you can get.
- Start with frozen bananas for your Naturally Sweetened Creamsicle Smoothies, please. They help thicken up the final smoothie.
- If you like your smoothies thick enough to stand a spoon in, you can add a handful of ice cubes to the blender with your ingredients.
- Want to up the sweetness just a smidge? Use sweetened vanilla Greek yogurt in place of the plain Greek yogurt.
Try this to make your Naturally Sweetened Creamsicle Smoothies
Connect with Foodie with Family
Connect with AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
Naturally Sweetened Creamsicle Smoothies
- 2 large frozen bananas broken into chunks
- 3/4 cup frozen 100% orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to the carafe of a blender. Blend using the "smoothie" setting or on high until smooth and somewhat frothy. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. The opinions and text are all mine.