…My youngest three kids. The pickle-in-the-middle, our third born, is slowly emerging from his potato-pea-and-corn-only vegetable cocoon, having recently decided that herbs are alright and onions-–so long as he couldn’t recognize them in a dish–were okay. Our fourth born has embraced the wonderful world of salad lately, just so long as it is swimming in Ranch dressing. Our fifth born is the hold out. That little fellow won’t touch a vegetable knowingly. Paradoxically, he’s pretty keen on eating clover plants from our yard. I certainly won’t be the one to tell him it’s technically greenery he’s ingesting.
By some miracle, I discovered that these guys ALL like Wildwood Hi-Protein SprouTofu in dishes. The happiness this gives me cannot be overstated. I adore Wildwood’s motto of being rooted in the healthy trend of not following trends. Preach it, folks! I can toss a piece of tofu into a smoothie to boost the protein. I can crumble tofu into Mapo Dofu (recipe coming soon). And while it’s their tofu that drew me into Wildwood, I have to confess that I’m pretty much wild over their Original Veggie Burgers and Meatless Crumbles. I love that I can feed them to my gluten-free, vegetarian nieces and nephew. It’s pretty awesome to be the fun aunt serving tostadas covered with refried beans and the Meatless Crumbles Mexican Inspired.
People. My avowed anti-vegetable kid devours these tostadas. WIN!
Double Stack Vegan Bean and Mexican Crumbles ostada and a GIVEAWAY!
- 6 corn tortillas 6-inch
- ¾ cup refried beans
- 1 teaspoon canola or grapeseed oil plus more as needed
- 1 package Wildwood Meatless Crumbles Mexican Inspired
- Salsa and fresh chopped cilantro or parsley to taste
- Quickly char the tortillas over a bare flame on the stovetop. If you don’t have a gas range, broil them quickly to char both sides slightly. Add the teaspoon of oil to a heavy-bottomed pan and swirl to coat. Add as many tortillas as you can fit in the pan, fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Add more oil if necessary and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- When the tortillas are all crisped, add the package of Wildwood Meatless Crumbles, Mexican Inspired, to the pan and heat according to package directions.
- To assemble the tostadas, lay one tortilla on a plate, top with 1/6 of the refried beans and 1/6 of the crumbles, add another tortilla, repeat the layers and finish with a drizzle of salsa and a shower of chopped fresh cilantro or parsley.
Now I have a bonus! Wildwood is kindly offering a $100 Visa Gift Card to one lucky Foodie with Family reader. All you need to do to enter for a chance to win is leave a comment answering this question: “What would be your ideal dinner recipe when using Wildwood products?”
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/1/2013-10/31/2013.
Be sure to visit the Wildwood brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!