Visit our Bread Recipes page for more wonderful homemade bread recipes!
I’ll be honest with you. You’re probably certifiably loony if you make the recipe I’m about to give you during this heatwave. Wacky. Nutso. Your cheese has slid off your cracker.
There are some days when -no matter what the temperature is- you just need something cheesy, bacony, bready, gooey, salty, savoury. You need bacon and you need cheese and you need bread and baby, you need it badly.
When bacon and cheese talk, you’d better be ready to listen. Thankfully, it’s easy to listen when this is what you’re craving. Made of leftover bacon, shredded cheese, refrigerated bread dough, butter, and a handful of herbs and spices, this throws together in five minutes and bakes in thirty.
The result? We’re talking about soft, buttery pull-apart bread with each piece clinging to crispy bits of bacon and gooey melted cheese and capped by a layer of cheese that has melted and crisped.
In a nod to the oppressive heat, forget turning the bread out of the pan. Simply let it cool until the pan is comfortable to the touch. Slide that pan into the middle of the table with a big tossed salad and a pitcher of lemonade and watch the smiles flit around from face to face like fireflies.
Bacon Cheddar Bubble BreadRate Recipe
- 1 pound refrigerated or thawed, previously frozen bread dough
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Cheddar cheese or a blend of Cheddar and Monterey Jack, divided
- 1 cup crumbled leftover cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives parsley, or a combination of the two
- 1 tablespoon minced onions optional
- nonstick cooking spray or additional butter or oil for the pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease (or spray with nonstick cooking spray) an oven-safe 12-inch skillet or a bundt pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the butter, 1 cup of the cheese cheese, bacon, chives or parsley, and minced onions. Set aside.
- Divide the bread dough into 32 pieces and place the pieces in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the butter mixture over the bread and toss gently to distribute everything evenly and coat all the dough well.
- Use your hands to arrange the dough evenly over the bottom of the greased pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese on top is fully melted and crisped and the bread is golden brown.
- Either turn out onto a serving plate or wait until the pan is comfortable to the touch before serving.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.