I met my husband in the basement of the boarding house where I was living in college. I know it sounds weird, but it’s true. I came home from visiting my parents and found a van parked in my spot. I huffed into the house prepared to give someone a piece of my mind and heard music coming from the basement. This was not unusual, as one of the other housemates, Paul, was an itinerant drummer. I reasoned that Paul was rehearsing with a new band, so I marched down the stairs to ask whoever that was to move their vehicle so I could park and came face to face with my future husband: the most handsome bassist I’d ever seen. Oh those blue eyes… He stayed for a cup of tea after rehearsal and the rest is history in motion. I got the soundtrack to my life marrying him and he got a permanent adoring audience.
- For best results on this pizza, please use the dough and method from The Best Pan Pizza post. It is the perfect vehicle for all those toppings!
- The BEST chicken to use for this recipe is leftover Slow-Cooker Sriracha Honey Barbecue Chicken. In that case, you don’t have to do anything other than add a few dashes of hot sauce and it’s ready to go. Another good choice is Slow-Cooker Shredded Chicken for Recipes. If you use the second option (or another fully-cooked shredded chicken) you’ll want to toss it with hot sauce and/or taco sauce to taste to keep it moist while baking.
- Keep in mind that you want to let the pizza cool for a few minutes before hitting it with your taco toppings. The reason for this is that you don’t want all your lovely fresh vegetables to wilt!
- Speaking of vegetables, when it comes to taco pizza, I make like my mom and use iceberg lettuce. I love the crunch it provides. Save the fancy pants lettuces for your salads- you need some oomph here!
Chicken Taco Supreme Pizza
- One batch of The Best Pan Pizza Dough prepared and risen in 2 well-oiled cast-iron skillets or 8-inch cake pans according to instructions
- 2 1/2 cups of leftover Slow-Cooker Honey Sriracha Barbecue Chicken OR Slow-Cooker Shredded Chicken for Recipes tossed with taco sauce and/or hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- chopped fresh tomatoes
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sliced ripe avocados
- Preheat oven to 550°F.
- Divide the shredded chicken evenly between the two pans of dough and spread it around. Sprinkle each pizza with a 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, 1/2 cup of the Cheddar, and 1/2 cup of the Pepper Jack cheese. Bake for 12 to 20 minutes, depending on how done you like your pizzas. Remove the pizzas from the oven and use a flexible spatula to ease around the edges of the pizza, then use it to gently scoot under the pizza and transfer it to a cutting board. Let it cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing. After slicing, top with the shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, cilantro, and Fritos. Serve immediately.
- If you have leftovers, they store best if you remove the chips and vegetables. You can reheat the pizza and re-top with leftover vegetables!
Now, I HAVE to talk about this serving dish for a minute. The second I saw this classic vinyl looking worktop saver by Joseph Joseph at JCPenney I knew it was coming home with me. At the perfect size and shape for our traditional date-night pizzas it screamed US at me. I am always surprised at how well I can find the quirky little household touches I love at JCPenney. I don’t know how they do it, but they always have something that totally feels like it was made just for me. My friends at JCPenney have kindly offered to give away a $100 JCPenney Gift Card to one Foodie with Family reader so they can find something that fits THEM. All you have to do to be entered is answer one of the following questions:
How did you meet your spouse or significant other?
What is one interest or hobby that defines you?
Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 8/25 -9/22/2014. Be sure to visit the JCPenney brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!