I have a flavour BOMB of the very best kind for you today. Best Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Dip is one of the most versatile recipes in the kitchen. It makes a ridiculously habit-forming dip, to be sure, but it is like the little black dress of the condiment world, too; it works everywhere! Best Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Dip has rapidly become one of the most versatile go-to ingredients in my kitchen. Bursting with fresh summer flavours of herbs (especially basil), tomatoes, and extra virgin olive oil with a hearty helping of distinctive Parmesan cheese, Best Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Dip doubles as a put-it-on-everything-spread.
I slather this on burger buns, in wraps, on sandwiches, on pizza crusts in place of sauce (when I run out like you do), tossed with pasta for an almost instant dinner, served alongside grilled meats or fish, or dolloped into Italian style soups, like this Kielbasa, Bean, and Vegetable Soup here or this 6-Ingredient 6-Minute Creamy Tomato Soup from Scratch, for a burst of flavour and colour that you just can’t get any other way.
Which way do you think you’d use Best Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Dip first?
for Best Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Dip
- Don’t get wrapped up in trying to make Best Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Dip perfectly smooth. There’s a real charm in the rustic texture provided by the oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes when they’re processed finely but not obliterated.
- I use these julienne cut sun dried tomatoes in herbs and oil, and as mentioned before, I order them by the case. What can I say? We go through enough of them to fully justify the indulgence of a case of sun dried tomatoes stashed away in the basement. This saves me from last minute sun dried tomato emergencies. Oh come on, don’t look at me like that. I cannot be the only person who has sun dried tomato emergencies.
- I’m going to keep banging the drum for Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes. Those beautiful little things are like flavour explosions. Of course, if you can’t find them (or don’t want to order them from Amazon.com), you can substitute a can of petite diced tomatoes in their juices, but I think that fire roasting adds another dimension of distinctiveness to the finished Best Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Dip and everything else to which the fire roasted beauties are added.
Connect with Foodie with Family
Best Easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Dip
- 1 jar Julienne cut sun dried tomatoes with herbs packed in oil 8.5 ounces
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
- Add the jar of sun dried tomatoes with their oil along with the can of fire roasted diced tomatoes and their juices in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until the mixture is a uniform paste, but not necessarily smooth. Add the pesto, Parmesan cheese, and torn basil leaves to the work bowl of the food processor and pulse until the pesto and Parmesan are well incorporated. Scrape into a jar or other container with a tight fitting lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
How to use:
- Use as a dip for vegetables, pretzels, pita chips, tortilla chips or as a spread for sandwiches, burgers, and wraps. It can also be used in place of pizza sauce or dolloped in Italian style soups for added flavour boosts.