I’m excited to share today’s fabulously fast, filling, and flavourful Asian Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal as a part of my continuing partnership with Shenandoah Valley Organic and their family of brands: Red Wheelbarrow, Blue Ridge Trail, and Farmer Focus. I love SVO because their chicken is the best commercially grown chicken I’ve ever tasted. While they are sponsoring this post, all opinions, recipes, and photography remain -as always- my own.
I know some people may be skeptical about a stir fry made on a sheet pan in the oven. Don’t you NEED a wok? Don’t you need to stand there the whole time and use special tools? In short? NO.
I have made this Asian Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal for my family 5 times in the last 2 weeks. The first 3 times were to nail the recipe. The last 2 times I made it were just because we loved it so very much the first 3 times that we couldn’t stop making it. And as much as I adore the gingery, garlicky, crisp-tender vegetables and flavourful chicken tenders, I also madly love that it takes just minutes to throw together and a mere 20 minutes of cooking time.
It really is as simple as laying out some excellent chicken tenders on a sheet pan spritzed with non-stick cooking spray. Add to that a generous portion of broccoli florets, some bell pepper strips, and the white part of some green onions. Whisk together a few Asian inspired sauce ingredients, drizzle over the pan, and give the works a toss before popping it into the oven. After 12 minutes, you give add some snow peas and give it all a stir before returning to the oven for just 6 more minutes.
The super fast prep and cook time make our Asian Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal a no-brainer addition to our family “busy night” rotation. The truth is that most of our nights are busy nights, and since everyone in our family enthusiastically approved of this meal, I foresee it hitting our table often. Even the vegetable hating contingent didn’t mind the vegetables so much, and they seriously loved how tasty the chicken tenders were using this method. They were -in fact- so tender that they yielded easily to the edge of a fork.
- I highly recommend using chicken from the Shenandoah Valley Organic family of brands: Red Wheelbarrow, Blue Ridge Trail, and Farmer Focus. The chicken is superb and delivers organic, humanely raised chicken at a price per pound similar to or lower than conventionally raised beef.
- You do NOT need to trim down the chicken tenders before putting them on the pan. It’s not necessary.
- If you are in a real time crunch, you can trim down the already speedy preparation of our Asian Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal by using pre-cut broccoli florets. Just break down any gigantor pieces into nice bite sized ones.
- I like to use a mix of bell peppers, so I usually use 1 standard sized red and yellow pepper each, or a mixture of whichever standard sized or small bell peppers I have on hand.
- Much like a regular stir-fry, you’ll want to have everything chopped and measured before you start assembling things. When you slice your green onions, separate the whites from the greens. The white part will go onto the pan at the beginning of cooking while the greens will be added as an accent after cooking is finished.
- If you’re concerned whether your chicken is done, use an instant read thermometer. Once it reads 165°F in the thickest part of the tender, the chicken is done.
Check how easy it is to make Asian Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal
Connect with Foodie with Family
Connect with Shenandoah Valley Organic and give them a shout out for sponsoring Foodie with Family, please. These people are awesome and so is their product!
You can find SVO here:
Asian Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons Reduced sodium soy sauce or Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger or ginger paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped or 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the Stir Fry:
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 whole red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 4 whole green onions, whites and greens sliced separately
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- hot rice, for serving
To Make the Sauce:
- Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
To Make the Asian Chicken Stir Fry Sheet Pan Meal
- Preheat oven to 425°F.Spray the sheet pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the chicken tenders around the outside edge of the sheet pan. Scatter the bell peppers, whites of the green onions, and broccoli florets around the pan. Drizzle the sauce evenly over the ingredients. Toss with tongs. Place in the oven and cook for 12 minutes.Remove the pan from the oven and toss in the snow peas. Return the pan to the oven and cook for an additional 6 minutes, or until the thickest part of the chicken tenders reaches 165°F. Scatter the thinly sliced green onion greens and sesame seeds over the top and toss to coat the vegetables and chicken with the thickened sauce and distribute the sesame seeds and green onions evenly.
Serve immediately alone or with hot rice.