Provence White Bean Puree
- 4 cups cooked cannellini beans
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons garlic paste (or chopped garlic)
- 1 Tablespoon dried herbes de Provence
- the juice and zest of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 green onions, green part only, finely chopped
Add beans, olive oil, garlic paste, herbes de Provence and the juice of the lemon to the bowl of a food processor. Secure the lid and process until smooth. Try a small bite of the dip on bread or a carrot stick (or a spoon!). Adjust flavor by adding salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and pour into a container with a tight fitting lid. Refrigerate prior to serving, at least an hour, but preferably overnight. This gives the flavors a chance to blend and bloom.
Serve cold, garnished with lemon zest and finely chopped green onion tops, with vegetable sticks, pita chips, breadsticks, toast or crackers. You can also serve this warm as an accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken.