Supreme Pizza Salad
Supreme Pizza Salad: this salad is no boring, average salad. Mixed greens are tossed with crisped pepperoni, pesto pita chips, artichoke hearts, mini mozzarella balls, marinated olives, cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, pepperoncini, and a flavourful pesto vinaigrette.
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 10 cups mixed spring greens
- 16 pita chips
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup Italian marinated assorted olives
- 1/2 bell pepper stem and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pepperoncini rings
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
To Crisp the Pepperoni:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil for easy clean up. Arrange the pepperoni in a single layer with space between each slice. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until they have given off quite a lot of fat and they are crisp around the edges. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool and drain.
To Assemble the Pizza Salad
Arrange the salad greens on a large platter. Tuck the pita chips around the edges of the greens, layer the pepperoni on the greens, then scatter all of the remaining toppings on the salad. Serve immediately with the pesto vinaigrette.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 292mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1490IU | Vitamin C: 42.2mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1.2mg