Copycat Snooze Spuds Deluxe
A heaping portion of crispy hash browns, covered with melted cheddar & jack cheese, beef barbacoa, bacon, green onions, cilantro, and a fried egg or two!
- 6 slices bacon cut into thin strips
- 6 cups frozen par cooked, or homemade hash browns
- 2 cups leftover beef barbacoa
- 1 cup mixed shredded pepper jack and Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions root ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- a handful fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 to 4 fried eggs for the top depending on number of eaters
Optional but delicious:
- Cholula or your preferred hot sauce
Place a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat and fry the thin strips of bacon until chewy-crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Drain off all of the bacon fat from the pan except for the amount of fat specified on the hash brown package or recipe instructions. Add the hash browns and cook according to instructions. When the hash browns are done, pile them high on a plate and scatter the grated cheese and bacon over them.
Wipe the pan clean and return to the heat. Add the barbacoa to the pan and use a spoon to spread it out so that as much of it comes into contact with the hot surface as possible. Do not stir after you've spread it out. Cook until the bottom is crisped and the barbacoa is hot all the way through. Break it up and distribute over the hash brown pile. Toss the sliced green onions and cilantro over everything, then top with desired number of fried eggs. Serve immediately.