Crispy Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- 1 1/2 pounds tender, young zucchini, trimmed of the root and blossom ends
- 1 cup panko or regular unseasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a half sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.Slice the zucchini into 1/2-inch by 3 to 4 inch strips. Set them aside.
In a pie plate, use a fork to toss together the bread crumbs, grated cheese, Old Bay, granulated garlic, paprika, and black pepper. Set aside.Whisk the eggs until loose. Working with one piece of zucchini at a time, slide it through the eggs, lift to let the excess egg drain away, and then press into the bread crumb mixture. Flip over, press the other side into the crumbs, then transfer to the prepared half sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining zucchini strips. Do not crowd the pan.Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, flipping about 15 minutes through, until golden brown and crispy. Let rest on the pan for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.