Homemade Cool Ranch Doritos
If you love Cool Ranch Doritos, you're going to go NUTS for the same flavours on a sturdier chip while it's still warm from the fryer! It's worth the little bit of effort required to produce something so delicious, because warm Homemade Cool Ranch Doritos are the bees-knees.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
For the Cool Ranch Seasoning Mix:
- 1/4 cup dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons white Cheddar cheese powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried tomato powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon finely powdered salt popcorn salt
For the Cool Ranch Doritos:
- 2- inches of peanut oil in a heavy-bottomed or lard or canola or vegetable oil, high-sided pot or a deep-fryer
- Desired number of corn tortillas cut into wedges
- Cool Ranch Seasoning Mix
To Make the Cool Ranch Seasoning Mix:
To Make the Cool Ranch Doritos:
Heat oil to 350°F. Line one mixing bowl or plate with paper towels. Have an additional large, heat-safe bowl standing by.
When the oil is hot, drop about 20 of the tortilla wedges into it one at a time. Fry, stirring frequently with long-handled tongs for 2 1/2-3 1/2 minutes, or until crisp. Use the tongs to transfer them to the paper towel lined plate or bowl then quickly put them into the large mixing bowl. The chips should still be quite hot and making a little noise. Immediately sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the Cool Ranch Seasoning Mix over the top and toss them in the bowl (either using the tongs to mix them, or actually tossing them around in the bowl.) Repeat until you've fried and seasoned all of the tortillas you wish to cook. Taste the chips. If you'd like, you can sprinkle them with additional Cool Ranch Seasoning Mix before serving.
These chips are best eaten the day they're made, but can be refreshed on a baking sheet in a hot oven a day or two after they're made.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.4mg