- 1 large rutabaga and 1 small rutabaga peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 medium onions peeled and diced
- 8 medium potatoes preferably a waxy variety like Yukon golds or reds, peeled and diced
- 4 pounds lean ground beef
- enough sturdy pie dough for eight double crust pies - I use the butter tart crust dough from the Fannie Farmer cookbook. If you need the recipe or eight boxes prepared refrigerated pie crusts, email me and I'll happily pass it along!
- salt and pepper to taste