Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Add a punch of flavour to grilled fish, chicken, pork, popcorn, dips, salads and whatever else your heart desires with this perfect blend of salt, lemon zest, cracked black pepper rounded out with hints of onion, garlic and celery seed. You'll never want to be without it again!
- 3 tablespoons lemon salt preferably, or kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- the zest of one lemon just the yellow part- avoid the bitter white pith
- a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of granulated onion
- a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
Stir together all of the ingredients and store in an airtight jar at room temperature. This can be refrigerated if desired. Because there are no funky preservatives or anti-caking chemicals added to the mixture, you may find it has a tendency to clump slightly. Just break it up with your fingers or a fork before using if this occurs.
Replace using commercial lemon pepper seasoning by substituting an equal measure of homemade lemon pepper seasoning.