Veggie Lover's Greek Pasta Salad
Vegetable lovers rejoice! This Veggie Lover's Greek Pasta Salad is absolutely bursting with feta cheese and the freshness of baby spinach, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, Greek olives, and red onions all in a tantalizing garlicky herbed lemon dressing.
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 large red or purple onion, skin removed, very thinly sliced
- 1 pound medium shell pasta cooked to al dente according to package instructions and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Assorted Marinated Greek Olives or pitted kalamatas or oil cured olives
- 1 bell pepper, any colour, stem and seeds removed
- 1 English or seedless cucumber, divided in 4 sections, each section halved lengthwise then thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 batch Greek Salad Dressing (homemade) or purchased
- 1 cup crumbled herbed feta or plain feta
Add the baby spinach and thinly sliced onion to a large mixing bowl in that order. As soon as you have drained the al dente shell pasta, pour it over the onions and spinach and let it rest for 2 minutes then toss. Add the olives, bell peppers, cucumber slices, and cherry tomatoes and toss to evenly distribute. Pour in the Greek Salad Dressing and the feta crumbles and toss to coat. Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavours to meld.Store in a tightly covered container for up to 5 days, stirring well before each serving.
Calories: 281kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 8gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 428mgPotassium: 377mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 2865IUVitamin C: 29.1mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 1.7mg
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @foodiewithfam on Instagram and #hashtag it #foodiewithfamily so I can check it out!
Share on Facebook