Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
These olive oil soaked crispy-yet-chewy breadsticks full of garlic, parsley, and Italian seasonings and absolutely sick with melted mozzarella cheese that has bubbled and toasted to the point where it has browned and crisped in places and become iincomparably stringy and irresistible in other places.
- 1 pound pizza dough room temperature. I prefer this No-Knead Whole Wheat Semolina Pizza Dough, but you can use your favourite.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over the bottom of a rimmed baking pan, preferably an unglazed stone one. Stretch the pizza dough to approximately 1/2-inch thickness over the oiled pan. Scatter the minced garlic or garlic powder evenly over the dough, followed by the parsley and Italian seasonings. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over the surface of the dough, then scatter the cheese evenly over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the outer edge of the crust is deep golden brown and the cheese is fully melted, bubbly, and browned in places. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before transferring carefully to a cutting board.
Cut into strips of desired size. I prefer approximately 3-inch by 1-inch strips. Serve warm or room temperature, plain or with dip of choice.