Baked Jalapeño Popper Dip
Everything wonderful about jalapeño poppers in a creamy, gooey, cheesy, spicy, hot dip topped with crunchy buttered panko crumbs.
- 1 package Cream Cheese 8 ounce, softened
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3-5 fresh jalapenos depending on heat preference, stemmed, seeded, and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Butter a small casserole dish and set aside. Smash the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, jalapenos, mayonnaise, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper together with a potato masher or sturdy spoon until everything is evenly combined.
Spoon into the buttered casserole dish and even the top. Toss the melted butter and bread crumbs together then scatter them evenly over the dip. Place the buttered casserole on a rimmed baking sheet in case of bubble-overs. Bake for 20-28 minutes, or until the dip is bubbly and the bread crumbs are golden brown. Serve hot or warm with tortilla chips, vegetable sticks, crackers, or crusty bread!