Roasted Fall Vegetable & Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 pound butternut squash trimmed, scraped of seeds, and sliced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed, and left whole, halved, or quartered, depending on size, to about 3/4 of an inch in size.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links pierced several times with a sharp knife
- 2 medium yellow or red cooking onions trimmed, peeled, and cut into wedges that are 1-inch at their thickest/point
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes according to heat tolerance
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss the butternut squash and Brussels sprouts pieces with the olive oil and salt. Spread it out on a sheet pan and nestle the sweet Italian sausage links among the vegetables. Distribute the onion wedges evenly around the pan. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes, turning the sausages after about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the sausages are beginning to brown in places.
Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 963mg | Potassium: 804mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 8605IU | Vitamin C: 84.4mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2.6mg