Black Olive Penguins
These super cute cream cheese filled black olive penguins are the hit of every party, but they make a seriously adorable late afternoon snack, too!
- 1 can colossal pitted black olives about 16, drained
- 16 small pitted black olives give or take, drained
- about 4 ounces of Cream Cheese- I like the 1/3 less fat Neufchatel here as it is softer and easier to stuff into the olives 1/2 of a standard 8 oz brick
- 16 thin slices of the fat end of a peeled carrot give or take
- 8 green onions long green section only
- 16 toothpicks give or take
Cut a small triangular wedge out of each carrot slice.
Use a skewer or toothpick to push the narrow end of a carrot triangle through the wide hole of each small olive until it pokes out the narrow pitted hole.
Make a lengthwise slice halfway into each colossal olive. Gently hold the olive open and push as much cream cheese into the opening as you can, filling the olive. Use your fingers or a paper towel to tidy up along the edges of the opening.
Place a filled olive, large hole side down, on a carrot round, lining up the white of the cream cheese with the wedge cut from the carrot round. Use a toothpick pushed down through the center to hold the "chest" of the penguin to the "feet".
Push one head, "beak" side lined up with the "chest" and "feet" down onto the toothpicks.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 26kcal | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 27mg | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.1mg