Easy Bacon Pea Pasta Salad
The sweet pop of tender baby peas, creamy mayonnaise dressing, crunchy mild red onion, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and crisp bacon join forces with shell pasta in your new favourite spring and summer dish: Easy Bacon Pea Pasta Salad.
- 1 pound baby peas thawed
- 1 pound bacon fried or baked 'til crisp, drained on paper towels, and crumbled
- 1/2 of a red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup coarsely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle brine or vinegar
- 1 pound medium shell pasta cooked firm according to package instructions, then drained and rinsed thoroughly with cold water
In a large mixing bowl, gently stir together the peas, bacon, red onion, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, mayonnaise, and pickle brine or vinegar until evenly combined. Gently toss in the cooked pasta until everything is evenly distributed.
Serve immediately, or (preferably) put in a tupperware, Gladware, or other tightly covered container in the refrigerator to give the flavours a chance to meld for an hour but up to three days prior to serving. Give it a gentle stir from top to bottom before serving.If the pasta soaks up the dressing and it seems a bit dry, stir in a little extra mayonnaise or add ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dressing reaches desired consistency.