FMC Mango Salsa. Amen.
- 2-3 fresh mangos (depending on how much you want to make)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro, washed and allowed to air-dry and rough chopped(Hate cilantro? Use fresh parlsey!)
- The juice of one lime or orange (or, lacking fresh limes or oranges, 1/4 cup bottled lime or orange juice)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Mix together the mango cubes, diced onion, minced garlic, salt, pepper and lime juice. Toss with the fresh cilantro and serve immediately. This is best eaten the day it was made for the sake of texture, but it’s perfectly delicious out of the fridge the next day. And if you’re looking for a milder bite from the onions and garlic, you may want to deliberately refrigerate it for a day before serving. Beware, though… This stuff is seriously addictive. Consider yourself warned.