Banana Nutmeg Smoothies
Yield: 4 small or 2 large smoothies
- 4 very ripe (but not over ripe) bananas, peeled and frozen
- 2 cups vanilla or plain yogurt (If using plain, add 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract and up to 2 tablespoons of honey or sugar.)
- 1/4-1 cup ice (preferably crushed) depending on the thickness you prefer.
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Optional: A splash or more of milk to help move things along in the blender
Add the yogurt to the carafe of a blender. Break the frozen bananas into chunks and add to the blender. Put the lid on the blender and process on “HIGH” or “LIQUIFY” until the mixture is smooth. If you need to, turn the power off, remove the lid and stir with a long handled wooden spoon to re-distribute. Add desired amount of ice and milk along with the grated nutmeg, replace the lid, and blend on HIGH just until smooth. Pour into serving glasses, garnish with a tiny scraping of freshly grated nutmeg and serve immediately.