As I type this, spring is actually, kind of, sort of, quite nearly behaving like spring. As in, there’s sunshine and a breeze instead of gunmetal grey skies and a biting wind. Things smell fresh and muddy and I, for one, like it a lot.
I’m feeling sunshiney in the kitchen, too. Our good weather activity level is something just shy of spastic, so I’m breaking out happy, fresh, filling-but-not-heavy recipes.
I’m excited to share a bright and sunny recipe to you today and -oh my goodness- I sure hope it’s as pretty where you live as it is here today. I’m a new member of the Kraft Tastemaker program and this recipe comes together in about five minutes using some of the best loved Kraft products available; Jello instant pudding and Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
Five minutes to creamy, lemony, cheesecake goodness? You want to be all in here, folks.
I use the “1/3 less fat” Philadelphia cream cheese because it’s a better-for-you dessert option. Feel free to choose the fat content of your milk according to your own preference: skim, 1%, 2% or whole milk -or, if you’re so inclined-soy, almond, rice or coconut milk will all work equally well here.
Whip up a batch of these adorable little single-serving size miniature no-bake cheesecakes tonight and save all sorts of time for going to the park with the kids, taking a stroll with your honey, walking the dog, or just generally enjoying the fact that the world seems to be waking back up from it’s winter hibernation. I’d say we’ve all earned a treat!
If you find yourself at my table for brunch one of these days, you’ll probably find these delicious and adorable mini-cheesecakes, along with some other great Kraft brunch recipes. As my boys say, every meal needs a dessert or two to be complete!
- 1 (4 ounce) package ⅓ less fat Philadelphia cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 box (3.4 ounce size) Jell-O Instant Lemon Pudding
- 1½ cups of milk
- the juice and zest of ½ of a lemon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 individual serving-size pre-made graham cracker crusts ~or~ 6 homemade individual serving size graham cracker crusts.*See Notes
- Whipped cream and lemon peel for garnish
- Whisk together the Jell-O Instant Lemon Pudding mix with the milk for 3 minutes, or until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Using either a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment or a hand mixer, whip the softened cream cheese with the lemon juice and zest, and vanilla extract until it is loose and smooth. Add the lemon pudding to the bowl and mix until everything is evenly combined and smooth. Divide the mixture between the crusts and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- If desired, garnish with a generous amount of whipped cream and some decorate lemon peels.
Look for more lemon pudding inspiration!
This post was sponsored by the Kraft Tastemaker Program. All opinions remain, as always, my own.