Can you think of something that would be more fun and crowd-pleasing for Memorial Day than a giant platter of Honey Mustard Pulled Pork Sliders on pretzel buns? I surely can’t! Tender, juicy, tangy, sweet, ever-so-slightly spicy pulled pork on a pretzel roll with a bed of young lettuce and some thinly sliced sweet onions. Use Honey Mustard Pulled Pork Sliders to kick off the unofficial start of summer in real style!
Would you like to know what I intend to do this Memorial Day Weekend? Ab.So.Lute.Ly NOTHING! That’s right. I not only have no plans, I plan to do nuttin’. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Lay around in a hammock with my feet up stirring only to refill my iced tea and sternly remind the kids from time to time that they should a)stop doing that, b) cut it out, c) knock it off, d) cease and desist, and e) otherwise behave. Also, I will probably at one point or another have to mention that f) people frown on that behaviour, g) there are nudity laws, and they must observe them, h) emergency room visits are expensive, so if they would like to avoid kicking in their allowance for the next several months they should see a, b, c, d, and e.
Good times, people. That’s what I want.
I also want food. Lots of food. But cooking just might cramp my bank holiday, four day weekend style. The solution is lots and lots of recipes like this: Honey Mustard Pulled Pork Sliders. Served on paper plates, because PEOPLE? I am not penciling in doing dishes either. The beer or wine will be in plastic cups. SOMEONE has to keep the landfill people employed, right? Don’t get mad at me, though… If I start feeling guilty, I’ll just have the kids rinse the stuff off and make an art project. I am a homeschooler, after all.
KIDDING. About the art. I’m really a homeschooler.
But the food. That’s safer territory. Honey Mustard Pulled Pork Sliders are just about the most perfect holiday food whether you’re slothing about like I intend to do or entertaining like a boss. It’s made ahead of time (DING DING DING) making it the bees-knees (get it? Honey?) for your parties or flanking your scheduled naps with bites of good stuff. Tender, juicy, tangy, sweet, ever-so-slightly spicy pulled pork on a pretzel roll with a bed of young lettuce and some thinly sliced sweet onions. Use Honey Mustard Pulled Pork Sliders to kick off the unofficial start of summer in real style! Get I get an amen?
- This is really about as easy as it gets. While I love, love, LOVE these on small, round, soft pretzel rolls, you can use King’s Hawaiian dinner rolls, or other small, tender rolls for the job.
- As for the honey mustard, you can use homemade or purchased. In this case, I use the store brand version from my beloved Wegman’s, which is pretty darned awesome. Do as the spirit moves ya.
- Yes, omit the onions IF YOU MUST, but that crunch goes a long way toward blissful sandwiching in my opinion.
- If you’re up for a little more oomph, tuck some candied jalapenos onto each sandwich. That’ll keep the party hopping.
Jalapeno Honey Mustard Pulled Pork Sliders
- 12 small pretzel rolls homemade, or purchased
- tender young lettuce like mixed spring greens
- 3-5 cups Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Pulled Pork heated until just warm but not hot
- thinly sliced Vidalia or other sweet onions
- Honey Mustard for drizzling
- Optional but tasty: Candied Jalapenos
Slice open the pretzel rolls. On the bottom half of each bun, pile some tender lettuce, top with warm Honey Mustard Pulled Pork, thinly sliced Vidalia onions, and a drizzle of honey mustard. If desired, top with a few candied jalapenos before adding the top half of the pretzel bun. Serve immediately.