Garlic Parmesan Green Beans are a fantastic side dish for any time of year, but will be especially welcome on your Easter dinner table with their utterly irresistible crisp-tender perfection and generous helping of flavourful, crunchy garlic parmesan bread crumbs.
The benchmark of whether a vegetable dish is truly delicious for me is if I stand over the pan sneaking one piece after another after the initial “test bite” because it tastes so good. Garlic Parmesan Green Beans are not only that good, they surge past the “sneak one piece after another” mark and into “Holy Cow I just ate that entire pan of green beans” territory.
It’s hard for me to resist a perfectly cooked vegetable any day of the week, but it’s impossible for me to say no when that perfectly cooked green bean is coated in flavourful, crunchy, garlic and parmesan breadcrumbs. Impossible, I tell you.
- This recipe was tested with fresh, whole green beans. They’re handily available with the ends already snapped at good grocery stores like Wegman’s and Trader Joes. I have not tested the recipe with frozen green beans, so I can’t speak to whether or not it will turn out well using them.
- I have made this with both whole wheat and plain panko crumbs. A friend tested the recipe for me with her gluten free panko crumbs, and they turned out great for her as well.
- I like to use Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for an extra punch of garlic goodness. If you can’t find it or don’t want to purchase it, you can certainly substitute regular extra virgin olive oil.
- Don’t be tempted to overcook the green beans once the crumbs and parmesan cheese go onto the beans. You really only need to melt the Parmesan and see hints of golden brown among the crumbs and cheese. They’ll continue to darken once they’re taken from the oven.
You can use this to make Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
If you love Garlic Parmesan Green Beans, you may love these Bacon Green Bean Bundles, Green Bean Casserole from Scratch, Skillet Bourbon Bacon Green Beans, and Roasted Ginger and Sesame Green Beans, and Lebanese Beef and Beans.
Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
Garlic Parmesan Green Beans are utterly irresistible with their crisp-tender perfection and generous helping of flavourful, crunchy garlic parmesan bread crumbs.
- 1 pound fresh green beans ends snapped off
- 1 tablespoon garlic extra virgin olive oil or plain extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced or pressed in a garlic press
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs regular, whole wheat, or gluten free
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Toss the green beans, olive oil, and garlic together on a half sheet pan. Roast for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, scatter the panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese over the top.
Return the pan to the oven for another 4 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the cheese and bread crumbs are beginning to become light golden brown. Toss with tongs and serve immediately.