Author: Rebecca Lindamood, inspired by Melissa Ortiz
Recipe type: Beverage
- 1 pound ripe strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- up to 6 cups cold water
- additional lime slices and strawberries
- Add the strawberries, sugar and lime juice to the pitcher of your blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Add 4 cups of cold water and pulse just 3 times to combine.
- Taste, add more water to adjust and pulse, if desired.
- Put the lid on the pitcher and put the pitcher into the refrigerator (or transfer into a jar with a tight fitting lid) for an hour before serving.
- Pour into tall glasses (*see notes), with or without ice, and garnish the rim of the glass with additional lime slices and strawberries, if desired.
- Serve with a straw.
*If you prefer a smooth, pulp-free limeade, you can pour it through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a jar or pitcher with a tight fitting lid. I personally love pulp, so I leave it!
Recipe by Foodie With Family at http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/strawberry-limeade/